Table Saw Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Whenever I power up my saw, the blade just about gets up to full speed and then the no volt release switch trips. Reset the NVR and it will start up again, only to trip again when it gets up to speed??

Any advice???? Have tried ringing Rexon but I think they might still be away for xmas...

Hi happydommo,

I have not seen this on a table saw, but I did see it on a lathe sometime ago. Is there a lot of vibration on the saw?
The NVR switch has a set of contacts that are held closed by an electro magnet, which it feed via those contacts. That’s why if the power is removed the machine will not restart without the button being pressed. If the contacts are momentarily opened by mechanical means the coil will not hold them closed and the machine stops. On the lathe it happened when the turner (not me) was making heavy roughing cuts. A quick blow out of the switch with an air line removed the saw dust that had crept in, the contacts made better connection and the problem was solved. :D

Have you tried holding the start-button on until the saw has built up to full speed? Could be that the voltage drops temporarily with the start-up surge and causes the solenoid to drop out.

Not too like;y, but worth a try.

David

I don't think that it sounds like start-up surge since it would trip at startup. More likely to be a duff switch that drops out due to vibration or a loose connection. You could try opening it up (if you can and are confident) and pull the wires while it is trying to start. But take care.

probably a duff crimped connection.

Saw is a Site TMN250TS which is basically a Rexon made exclusively for B&Q. Pretty similar to the BT2500A and the ST2500A.

I'll see if I can get at the switch with some compressed air tomorrow...

hd if its from b/q is it still under guarantee if its a power pro i think they have a three year guarentee , check it out befor you start messing with it .

frank

Has a 2 year warranty with 8-9 months left on it. Unfortunately B&Q don't seem to sell them any more so it's not quite as easy as taking it back. I think I've got more hope getting Rexon to sort it directly especially as they're only based 40 miles away.

Personally I'd rather just get it sorted myself if I can as I'm sure it'll be a damn sight more painless than waiting for either B&Q or Rexon...

HD

Rexon's tech help are pretty damn good; they'll sort you out with just a phone call, but I canna help thinking that a replacement part alone winna cure the prob. It might be an idea to encase the switch and wires in some kinda shroud; something to deflect the worst of the muck inside the saw from the switch, or better yet, move the switch to the outside of the saw (mounted inside a suitable IP rated box).

Rexon finally answered their phones today.. Yey!! They reckon the circuit board in the trip switch has gone and they've stuck one in the mail... Fingers crossed...

Back