Table Saw Option

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy7810

Reaction score
My first post here. I have been woodworking for the last 5 years and my craft has been progressing steadily. I mostly make turning objects (segmented bowls, etc) and simple boxes. However, the accuracy and finish I'm getting from the bandsaw is lacking to say the least. It takes me a long time to sand etc. So I'm thinking of adding a table saw to rhe stable. I have a number of machines including a bandsaw and lathe and planer thicknesser, all older cast iron that I've "restored" - some needed more work than others.
But I'm now looking for a table saw. I really like Wadkin equipment. I'm drawn to the Wadkin BGP or BGS since it has the slider capability, but I really like the ability to use a zero clearance insert of the Wadkin AGS which would provide me with better finish quality..

Is there a hybrid Wadkin that has the best features of both? Or whar older Cast Iron machines would you recommend?

Thanks,
TommyM

In the past there were many European makers of high end sliding table saws with sliders that were mounted outside the table so to say.
Bäuerle, Kölle, Jonsered, Waco, Manko, SCM l'invincibile, Rema, Casadei, Sicma, Stenberg (may have been made by subcontractor), Klein&söhne, I think Frommia made them too. And many more.
Rapid and Ejca are still made.

Back