• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Table saw mitre guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
It's not something I would use all that much, but would be handy now and then.

I don't believe I ever had one for this saw.

The track is 12mm.

A cheap and cheerful solution suits me best.

Attachments

• IMG_20200911_105736644.jpg
    IMG_20200911_105736644.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200911_110023661.jpg
    IMG_20200911_110023661.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 37
I had problems getting a mitre fence to fit the sliding table on my casadei panel saw. In the end I machined the slot wider to take 19mm track fittings. I used a router and cleaner up with files but I was only taking about 2mm

Make one out of ply.....and the must have for those small 90° cuts is a Frits and Fran.
It may come to that.
I googled Frits and Fran. and found a utube video for a jig, if that's what you mean I'll watch it later, Still some work to do even if it is Sat night.

I had problems getting a mitre fence to fit the sliding table on my casadei panel saw. In the end I machined the slot wider to take 19mm track fittings. I used a router and cleaner up with files but I was only taking about 2mm
Wouldn't want to try that, but I guess I could get someone more experienced to do it>

Is it possible to take a mitre gauge you like and replace the bar with a narrower one? Keep the old one if you ever want to switch back. I've accumulated several along the way and all would take a narrower bar and still have enough meat around the threads.

Pete

It's an unusual size, meant for a T bar fitting, but they do exist. Measure the full profile of the track and search around. If you are not used to metal bashing I would not attempt to widen it yourself, and definitely not if it is cast iron - that needs a miller.

the standard is 3/4"/19mm. unfortunately almost all UK saws are non standard. I think it is much more common on US machines,

The 3/4" bars that are on my mitre gauges have a washer on a recess to fit the T-slot. It is only to keep the far end from lifting. I have never had that happen on one yet so I wouldn't worry about it but everyone is different.

Pete

Is it possible to take a mitre gauge you like and replace the bar with a narrower one? Keep the old one if you ever want to switch back. I've accumulated several along the way and all would take a narrower bar and still have enough meat around the threads.

Pete
i think that might be my best option.

Back