• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!
  • If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Table saw mitre guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Hornbeam

Established Member
Reaction score
I had problems getting a mitre fence to fit the sliding table on my casadei panel saw. In the end I machined the slot wider to take 19mm track fittings. I used a router and cleaner up with files but I was only taking about 2mm

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Do you mean 12 mm deep? or wide? standard is around 19 wide

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Make one out of ply.....and the must have for those small 90° cuts is a Frits and Fran.
It may come to that.
I googled Frits and Fran. and found a utube video for a jig, if that's what you mean I'll watch it later, Still some work to do even if it is Sat night.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I had problems getting a mitre fence to fit the sliding table on my casadei panel saw. In the end I machined the slot wider to take 19mm track fittings. I used a router and cleaner up with files but I was only taking about 2mm
Wouldn't want to try that, but I guess I could get someone more experienced to do it>

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
Is it possible to take a mitre gauge you like and replace the bar with a narrower one? Keep the old one if you ever want to switch back. I've accumulated several along the way and all would take a narrower bar and still have enough meat around the threads.

Pete

MusicMan

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
It's an unusual size, meant for a T bar fitting, but they do exist. Measure the full profile of the track and search around. If you are not used to metal bashing I would not attempt to widen it yourself, and definitely not if it is cast iron - that needs a miller.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
the standard is 3/4"/19mm. unfortunately almost all UK saws are non standard. I think it is much more common on US machines,

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
The 3/4" bars that are on my mitre gauges have a washer on a recess to fit the T-slot. It is only to keep the far end from lifting. I have never had that happen on one yet so I wouldn't worry about it but everyone is different.

Pete

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Is it possible to take a mitre gauge you like and replace the bar with a narrower one? Keep the old one if you ever want to switch back. I've accumulated several along the way and all would take a narrower bar and still have enough meat around the threads.

Pete
i think that might be my best option.