Table saw inserts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emabear

Established Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on where you can buy table saw inserts. I am revovating a on Luna 59 and need some new ones. Thanks

I have a Luna W59, not seen spares other than blades. I make my own inserts for the saw

Sean. That’s an interesting point. Can you fit any manufactured blade ( subject to right sizes etc) or does it need to be Luna blades?

It's far better to make your own inserts as you can make zero clearance to suit your blades and give much improved dust extraction, there are various posts on the forum if you do a bit of searching.
My current insert is made from Tufnol (SRBP) but only because that's what I had several materials are suitable. It's much better than the metal insert supplied with my SIP 01332 saw.

The blade can come from anywhere as long as the hole in the middle is the correct size, it's not too large in diameter to fit the table and its a TS blade (mitre saws blades can match bore and diameter but will have a different tooth profile I think)

Back