Table saw help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richie555

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm new to table saws. I have acquired a Nutool Hs1500 table saw. It didn't come with the riving knife or guard. I have searched the Internet for a replacement but I'm unable to find the exact model. Can I use other brands in its place. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20201024_122715.jpg
    IMG_20201024_122715.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 20
As long as the knife is thinner than the teeth on the blade but at least as thick as the body on the blade, I can't see a reason any other knife won't work.

You justneed to have a look and see what kind of holes you need as some are slots and some are just holes in certain positions.

Hello
First thing I would do is check what power that motor has.
I would presume a thin kerf blade would be needed for that machine, not a 3.2 kerf blade.
Your riving knife should to be wider than the saw plate, but narrower than the teeth, somewhere in between.
If you have a thin kerf blade of correct size, I have seen some in Aldi, although have no experience with using anything but a proper blade, is to get some stiff cardboard to make up a template from.
You might have some guage plate or a bit of stainless the right thickness knocking about somewhere, and cut it out with an angle grinder.
Steve Maskery has noted that a captured knife is safer, meaning that you can't pull it out and have to unbolt it.

Failing that..
I would guess if you looked up a Clarke tablesaw you might find it could be the same model and hopefully it might have the same or a very similar model number,
so you could google for spares.

Tom

That looks the same as the old Ryobi I used to have many years ago. Perhaps they may have spare parts. It took a standard 3.2mm kerf blade. Made before thin kerf blades were common.
Regards
John

If you can't find a suitable riving knife, you can make your own with a bit of effort.

https://pin.it/1xj75Em
Best material is to use an old blade OF THE SAME KIND as a new blade that would fit your saw (blade thickness and kerf thickness)

As stated before me, make a cardboard template to locate the holes and fine tune the shape to suit the blade position. You can even engineer a slot to mount an aftermarket blade guard (one for Axminster 10" table saw) and buy the guard. It even will have a dust port on it.

It will be miles better and potentially cheaper than the pathetic mild steel ones you get online these days.

Latest posts

Back