Table saw for built-in workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockwing

Reaction score
I'm planning to build a workbench on castors for my garage to incorporate a table. I'm only a hobbyist so do not need anything too high-end, but would require:

- Fully retractable blade (for a full-flat worktop)
- Ideally no dust-hose out the back so I can push through longish sheets of wood (will have a shop-vac in the bench.
- Cutting depth up to 50mm

I really advise strongly against this. It's cropped up here before. You'll end up with an un-usable bench, and a table saw which requires the bench to be cleared every time you want to use it. That simply isn't practical in a workshop.

The closest youll get is a contractors saw.
I have the dewalt 745. Its a really good saw with a first class fence. The blade will fully retract to give you a medium sized work bench.

Have a look at this idea. He uses a saw like sunnybob's (I have the same saw too) which uses the bench as an outfield table and is out of the way when you want to use the bench for other tasks. For a while, I had a tablesaw at one end of the bench, at 90 degrees so I had the whole of its length as an out feed table.

Latest posts

Back