Table saw fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knot Competent

Established Member
Reaction score
Some years ago I bought a Ferm 10" table saw, because it was all I could afford at the time. The supplied fence was a horribly dangerous thing, never stayed in place and came loose at the slightest excuse. So for several years my fence has been a nice piece of 5" x 1" beech, with a G-clamp at each end.

I can't afford to replace the table saw at the moment - a band saw is higher on the list (I really liked the Record BS300 I saw at Yandles the other week) - but I'd like to make a better fence, preferably with micro-adjustment. I saw plans somewhere some time ago, but they involved welding steel, don't have the facility or skills for that. Does anyone know of plans for a wooden fence system, ajustable by two bolts or similar? I don't mind sticking with the two G-clamps, unless there's a better idea.

Regards, John

John,

Ian Dalziel did a workstation project in Good Woodworking that had an all wooden fence. Its in numbers 154 and 154, the details of the fence are in 154.

Back