Table saw decision time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cambournepete":ahkfgglh said:
PS At Axminster the next day I had a(nother) fondle of the Festool (TS55) and I'm pretty sure that's the way I'm going to go...
Good decision, Pete :wink:

Cheers,
Neil

Thanks for the comments.

The main table and the extension just will not line up. I can get either the table itself or the 'bar' on which the rip fence locks lined up but not both at the same time :evil: Have tried filing some off one of the support brackets (cough) and using packers elsewhere. Patience now exhausted.

Have spoken to NMA and they are shipping me another extension table to try. If that doesn't work then I'll almost certainly look to get my money back and buy something else.

I (now) tend to agree with the comment regarding feeling cheap, to pay that sort of money and have the problems I am makes me wish I'd bought differently. And I haven't even taken the sliding table out of the box yet :shock: Time will tell!!

Hopefully this new extension will solve the problem and I'll have years of trouble free work.

On the other hand ......

Urm... just oiling the hinges on this old thread cos I'm considereing the Scheppach (and the Elektra Beckum PK200). Wondering whether this was ever resolved? How's the machine been since? Anyone else experience similar problems?

Cheers

:D stuartpaul if you do send your saw back pm me you can borrow my pk200 to see if you get on with it befor you buy one to check out

martyn

Back