Table saw buying.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Des333

Established Member
Reaction score
Like a lot of woodworkers moving from simple jobs to more advanced projects it’s become difficult to cut the wood accurately therefore a table saw is now wanted. Also the projects described on YouTube all have table saws. Limited in space the saw would have to be used outside to keep the mess down. I’m not cutting logs, just plywood and various wood up to about 2” thickness.
I had considered a Byrnes saw but it’s too small and pricy.
So does anybody have a suggestion for a table saw, reasonable quality and accurate. Appreciate comments.

how about a Dewalt DW743N flip saw....it's a combined table saw and miter....
I regret selling mine...not cheap tho....
sorry cant load a photo....AGAIN.....

If you are cutting plywood or sheet goods in general, what about a rail guided plunge saw? (e.g.Festool, Parkside, etc)

Could be used outside on a put away table top and a couple of folding trestles

I'd probably go with the suggestion by @JobandKnock with a plunge saw. I'm limited space wise but got a Titon table saw from Screwfix (a tale partly related in another post re customer service) because small, cheap and handy to pick up as no one else had stock of something similar... knowing what I know now I'd probably have been better with a plunge saw. A few months ago I watched a YouTube video by 10minute workshop (@petermillard ) on a couple of "cheap" plunge saws (Parkside from Lidl and a Mac Allister one - - - Peter does have other makes) and would suggest (recommend) doing a search for it to watch for his input - sorry I don't have the link to post here.

Back