Table Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the blade in my TS2000. I'm still using the one that came with the saw so probably want something better anyway. It seems to be used a lot with veneered MDF at the moment and is causing quite a bit of breakout on the downward face. I've seen recommendations on this forum for the Trend combination blade but are there any others that I should consider. Any recommendations good or bad appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew,

Freud do a laminate blade, LU27M. Works well leaving no breakout. Haven't used the likes of CMT, Trend etc.

Rgds

Noel

I ask on this site a couple of weeks ago about saw blades and I forgot to reply and thank members for their suggestions. The Trend blades got a good reply, and so I bought a 40t and 60t and I'm really pleased with them.
John

I think Chris (Waterhead) is the person to ask - he had the same saw, and tried lots of different blade combinations. From memory, he found the Trend blades the best.

Adam

Trend do the best blades I have found/used. Their extra fine finish laminate cutting blade is one I used on my TS2000 before I sold it and it is very good for preventing breakout.

Their combo blade is a great general purpose blade. For thick ripping in 2" wood, I used a Freud thin kerf blade if the finish was not critical, or a freshly sharpened Trend combo blade if finish was important - but in this case it is necessary to feed slowly because the thicker kerf and thick wood can bog the motor down somewhat (and ensure the fence is very well aligned to avoid burning.)

Well, it looks like the votes are for Trend or Freud. I don't have problems with either. I have used Freud in by Mitre Saw and have had no problems.

Chris, Since you seemed to have used several of the Trend blades, if you were going to go for one to start with which would it be?

Andrew

Andrew,

For one general purpose blade I would go for the Combination Blade Medium Finish (34 tooth) CM/200X34X30 blade.

You did however mention cutting a lot of veneered MDF and I would go for a finer cutting blade if I had much of this to do - like the panel trimiming blade which is a triple chip tooth design but you would need another blade too for most work. The panel trimming blade is really for cutting laminated panels (MDF, chipboard stuff) for which it is excellent but it is far too fine a cut for ordinary woodwork.

Chris,

Yes I did mention veneered MDF because that is where I have seen most of the tearout and what has prompted me to start thinking about new blades. However this project (fitted wardrobes for two rooms, about 20ft in all) is now coming to an end so I will probably go for the combination blade to start with then get a fine blade if I have more veneered stuff to do in the future.

Thanks for the advice all.

Andrew

I have the same saw. The best blade I have used for veneered boards was the LU11M blade from Freud. The finish was superb - on hard woods too (glass like).
However I ended up swapping for a slightly more general purpose crosscut blade - LU10M. Still gives a nice cut but nothing special.
Cheers
Gidon

Back