Table saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs C

Established Member
Reaction score
I am struggling with the seemingly infinite choice of saw blades. Assuming the selection is narrowed down to size, arbor size, kerf size and number of teeth is there any further differentiation between table saw, mitre saw and hand held circular saw?

Most blades seem to be described as circular saw blades but I am not sure if this is specific to one type. Blades specifically described as table saw blades seem to be few and far between. Help!

"is there any further differentiation between table saw, mitre saw and hand held circular saw?"

No, other than the correct number of teeth for the saw and job, there's probably no difference.

I suppose you could get interested in teeth pitch, fleam, gulllets and rake if you want to nerd out a bit.

Last edited:
I would look to buy Swedex, Omas, CMT, the best blade you can afford. They last longer allow multiple reshaping and cut far cleaner as they are flat.
The very best narrative on saw blade selection, their features and how to choose what you want is found in the first ten pages of the Swedex saw catalogue. A link is about halfway down the page

https://www.swedex.co.uk/saw-blade-catalogue

The other thing to consider if buying for a table saw is that the blade is thick enough for your riving knife, if you buy a thin blade it may stop the cut going into the riving knife. Not an issue for a mitre saw of course.

Back