Table saw blades - can anybody help with reccomendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munkypuzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to buy a new ripping blade and a crosscut blade for my table saw, which currently has a blunt and i think very cheap blade installed.

They need to be 315mm and i want reasonable quality although they are only for hobby use. Searching around, the prices vary so much, i was hoping somebody could recommend good quality and value blades?

Many thanks
Mark

I am a hobby worker but I think I am a relatively heavy user of a TS. Five years ago I changed over to Freud blades, had one sharpened last month!
I use dedicated rip and cross cut blades and as I use predominatly hardwoods I have found, that like Norm, I can go from TS to glue up.

Roy.

I can recommend giving doug at cutting solutions a call/message. Great service and prices when I last bought one from him.

He is a member here. I dont know how to link to members, but user name is cutting solutions or http://www.cutting-solutions.co.uk/ (They have a lot more stock than is on the website)

Another vote for cutting solutions.
Doug is very helpful and sells industrial quality blades as standard

I've just bought and fitted a 254mm 40T Axcaliber blade for mine, gave it a quick test Friday afternoon and was quite pleased with the results

Regards

Steve :)

Thanks everyone, some great pointers,

Dodge, it took me ages to get to page 22!!!!

...do you get a new blade when you get a new panel saw... Mmmmmmm... Nope, better not :)

Another vote for Freud, I have a crosscut and rip for my tablesaw and find them to be excellent, in fact if I'm only ripping thin stock I don't even bother changing blades, the crosscut does just fine.

Try the axminster clearance, I bought a CMT industrial blade from them and it's brilliant. I'd never pay £65 for it but at £22 it's a different matter

aidan

I'm considering a freud combination blade (LP30M) for mainly ripping 2" exotic hardwoods, would a dedicated ripping blade leave noticeably better finish?... I like the thought of a dual purpose blade, but not if it's going to leave me with more work!

A ripping blade doesn't leave a better finish, it has less teeth and makes it easier for the saw. You get a better cut with higher teeth but you can't really expected to do major ripping with a high tooth count blade. I had that exact blade I think on my previous saw, very good on crosscut and ripping as a dual purpose.

Many thanks, that's very helpful to know, I think I'll go for it & see how I get on - at any rate it should perform better than the blade which came with my Metabo TS250.

I have just fitted a 250mm Freud LP40 to my saw and am very impressed, I don't think it's available in larger sizes though - try one of their pro range perhaps?

Freud make Ok'ish blades but you can do a hell of a lot better for less or same money. Give cutting solutions a call, or Akinson Walker (keep your money in the UK) excellent quality.

gardenshed":rc30v3gd said:
Freud make Ok'ish blades but you can do a hell of a lot better for less or same money. Give cutting solutions a call, or Akinson Walker (keep your money in the UK) excellent quality.

Having tried many different makes over the years I've found Freud blades to be a lot better than "Ok'ish" in fact I've found them to consistently give the best performance/value out there. Pity they're not British but then not much in my workshop is.

Latest posts

Back