Table saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sed9888

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I know its a minefield out there when looking for replacement blades, I am looking for a good 210mm x 30 blade for my Dw 7485 table saw, I don't mind swapping blades for ripping and crosscutting if that's what it takes, or a very good all rounder, I'm looking for a good finish to the cuts, any help of advice would be great, Oh one more thing can these blades be sharpened and if so is it worth it ?

Is it strictly 210 or 216 can be fitted?

I use a Freud 216mm combo blade for all my cuts. Rips are very good with the right feed rate, but cross cuts are amazing!
Cost me about mid £20ish I think. A year on and still going (Hobby use, of course, cutting mainly hardwood)

When you say combo blade do you mean 40 teeth Im in the market for exactly that and even though i watched the excellent axminster youtube on blades still a little bit confused as to what to get - at the moment Im generally cutting ply and ripping wood while i build my workshop-i have a 60t freud for close work??

sneaky toolstation has the GP one 50p cheaper but the others dearer -and dont even bother wth amazon

I buy my blades from Cutting Solutions, not the cheapest but there is lots of carbide there to be re-sharpened.
Drop them an email very helpful, don't know how up to date the web-site is!!!

I would second the use of Cutting Solutions. I bough a Rip and Fine cross cut blade for my Startrite TA145 from them. Very high quality blades, both made in Germany and no problems.
FE2F8F74-40C3-4E35-81AB-C1071456BC58.jpeg
E47048B0-2B1D-4260-8A5A-3938A03FB037.jpeg

Back