Table Saw blade height issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarethD2273

Reaction score
Hi all, I have the PERFORMANCE POWER FMTC1800ST table saw and have an issue with the blade height mechanism, lowering the blade is possible (although awkward) but raising it is impossible, it gets stuck and the winding handle starts to eat into the thread which I have had to replace but it still gets stuck.
Its possible to lift the blade mechanism by hand so its not jammed or stuck or clogged up with wood shavings, its just the winder mechanism doesnt raise it anymore

It looks like a bad mechanism design to me, the blade and housing is very heavy and its just an M10 bolt and thread that is expected to lift it up.

Ive posted a picture in case you need it
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
Ok ive fixed this problem now, the turn handle thread has a nut and locking nut behind that triangular metal plate, you need to make sure behind the plate that both these are tightened up very tight near the tip of the handle thread leaving about a 1 inch gap for play, I was leaving a gap of about 3mm to minimise play and wear but this causes it to cease up sometimes.

Back