Table saw blade alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hache23

Reaction score
Hello. So money is against me and I needed a table saw with a 10 inch blade. I picked up a second hand evo fury 5. I know they aren't good by any means but still £25 and yes you get what you pay for. My issue is I need to adjust the blade to be square with the mitres. There are no visible adjustment screws has anyone got any ideas. I'm thinking I might have to undo the mounting and square it up.
Thanks

Align so the blade is parallel to the mitre tracks (not square to the mitre fence - that is adjustable in use!).

There are a number of different ways this is set in the factory. If there are a pair of bolts at either end of the saw throat (the cutout for the blade) these might hold the pivots (for tilting the blade). Usually you can loosen then slide them to adjust for parallelism, but I'd have a careful look underneath/inside to first check they do the task. Take the blade off, turn the machine upside down, and have a good look...

On bigger (and some small) saws the table top can be moved WRT the frame of the saw, having a similar effect. You need to align to within 0.2 mm really, to avoid kickback and get a clean cut. Lots of discussion about how to do this, both here and on YouTube.

I used to have one of these, and it wasn't bad. I don't recall a specific adjustment screw, I rather think it was simply loosen the screws holding the motor/blade unit to the table and use the wiggle room to align it.

Eric The Viking":2iwp8jeo said:
Align so the blade is parallel to the mitre tracks (not square to the mitre fence - that is adjustable in use!).

There are a number of different ways this is set in the factory. If there are a pair of bolts at either end of the saw throat (the cutout for the blade) these might hold the pivots (for tilting the blade). Usually you can loosen then slide them to adjust for parallelism, but I'd have a careful look underneath/inside to first check they do the task. Take the blade off, turn the machine upside down, and have a good look...

On bigger (and some small) saws the table top can be moved WRT the frame of the saw, having a similar effect. You need to align to within 0.2 mm really, to avoid kickback and get a clean cut. Lots of discussion about how to do this, both here and on YouTube.
I've crawled through the internet looking to ways to adjust this specific set up and I'm striking a blank. The saw is mounted on a swing arm attached to the table top but the top adjustment is limited. I think I will have to adjust the placement via the mounting bolts of the motor to the swinging mechanism.

Did you check out Mitch Peacock's review of what looks like the same saw?
He ran through some issues with his, and might have covered it.
[youtube]V4wV0fSeoWg[/youtube]
I personally would find a way to make it align with the table slots...
Provided they are somewhat parallel.
This I presume is specific to your machine as it sounds like the trunnion is mounted to your table.

Tom

Thanks for the link. He is reviewng the rage but it's very similar to the fury. I'll have another bash at it as it was made in sections there has to be a way! I'm not a big fan of throwing stuff away I much prefer trying to fix it. Thanks for your help so far!

Back