Table saw and mitre saw not working

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Established Member
Reaction score
Went to use both my table saw and mitre saw yesterday and both of them started ie the blade started to spin but immediately stopped within saw a second of switching on. Is this damp as my garage seems very damp and could it hopefully be just blown fuses in the plugs going try that this afternoon when I get some more fuses. The supply to garage is fine and nothing tripped on on the fuse board in the house or the RCD plug sockets in garage. My question is as it has happen to both machines it seems like damp but could there be permanent damage to electrics or should they dry out.

If you are worried about damp try running a dehumidifier for a couple of hours before using your garage.
However, garages by their very nature are wind and water proof (well almost), but quite often match the outside humidity.
A dehumidifier will help a little and if this is the cause of your short, may be a good investment
Alternatively insulate the garage --- very expensive option though!!!

everything else works on those sockets have tried on different plugs plus extension from house both are deader than dodos at the moment. going to take the mitre saw and store it in the warm for a few days and try again after replacing fuse and see what happens then but I am not hopeful.

Do both of the troublesome machines have brush motors or do either have induction motors?
If you don't know, can you post make and model numbers of both saws.

I have heard of damp affecting brushes. Make sure they are free to slide within the holders. Long term it sounds like you need to sort out the damp to make it anything like suitable for power tools and woodwork.

Back