Table saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello every one. I am interested in purchasing a new table saw to put into a home workshop. The saws that i have seen, that fit my budget are as follows. The new perform CC10BSB cast iron saw in APC.
The record power TSPP250 or the contractor style excaliber saws. Your views and opinions of these saws would be greatly welcomed. :D

Hi Omega, welcome to the forum. Using the search facility here will throw up a mound of useful information for you - probably more than you want! The APTC perform saw is new to the market however so I dont think anyone will have one yet. A couple of members have seen it at the Devon show last year but thats about it - there is a thread with a couple of pics describing it as being a clone of the SIP 10" CI saw. If you get one let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

Steve.

Can't help with the saws I'm afraid....but welcome to the forum. :lol:

Adam

Thanks for the welcome guys. If i get one the perform saws i will let you know how i get on with it. Has any one got experiences of the record saw?
I am looking to get the saw when i have built the extension on my garage as at the moment i cant get in it to use all my machines.

Welcome to the forum Omega

I hope you buy the Perform, I'm waiting to see an opinion on that, it looks too good to be true price wise.

Les

Welcome to the forum Omega.

I am sure folk would indeed be interested to hear about the new Perform, if you get it. It seems like a lot of saw for the money.

Nearly everyone has a tale to tell about setting up their saw. There are so many clones/nearly clones etc that have been built down to an attractive price and sometimes they seem to go well out of the box, other times we are still hearing of problems weeks later and this is more often than not the case for any given make.

The bottom line seems to be that with patience and assistance from fellow forum members and the manufacturer/retailer, most people end up happy, although it can often take a while.

As well as searching for a table saw, I am trying to find a quality bandsaw blade manufacture. I got a few 3/4 3tpi blades for my record power BS350 from Dakin Flathers and have had terrible problems with these blades as well as a few teething problems with the saw itself> :? Any help would be much appreciated

omega1":3m0uiuxb said:
I am trying to find a quality bandsaw blade manufacture. I got a few 3/4 3tpi blades for my record power BS350 from Dakin Flathers and have had terrible problems with these blades as well as a few teething problems with the saw itself> :? Any help would be much appreciated
Hi Omega and welcome!

From my card index:

Sherlock Ltd (t/a Dure-Edge)
21 Station Road
Woodley
Stockport
Cheshire
SK6 1HN
United Kingdom

Tel: 0161-430 2647
Fax: 0161-430 8008

They MAKE saw blades as well as sell them, they know what they're talking about, they supply a lot of blades into the trades (including some super blades for stack sawing chair blanks) and their prices and service are good. Only downside(?) is that they're not on the Internet - they reckon they don't need to be. They are very help-ful and might be able to make some sensible suggestions about your saw. They will advise you on the type of blades to use. Price list contains some good info.

Scrit

Welcome to the forum.

If you are still looking, instead of the clone look at the SIP 10" 01332 for the money it is excellent value. Have had mine a few months now and have had no problems.

Les

Hi Omego 1 & welcome.

I saw the Perform at the APTC show last year and kicked off a thread about it. I was looking at it with a chap who have just bought a APTC White brand saw some 4 months earlier - he was not happy. As far as he could see it was the same item, less £500 but plus a sliding carriage.

As I saw, not a happy chappie. The APTC rep told me the only real difference was the motor - the APTC one is rated for constant use (prof. workshop) where the perform is rated for hobby / light prof use (school / keen home).

As far as I could see, an excellent buy with the sliding carriage included it is also even better than the SIP on paper I think.

Let us know how you get on.

BRgds
Simon.

Hi Omega
Welcome to the forum
Dure Edge are definately the blades to go for and I segond everything Scrit has said about them.
As for the Table Saw I am also very interested in the Perform after spending a fair while looking it over at Tools 2005.
An absolute bargain at the price if it is nearly as good as it purports to be.
All the best

John

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will be buying the perform tablesaw in the next month or so.
I rang the dure-edge company who where very helpful. I will be ordering some 103 1/2 by 3/4 blades from them this week.
I have also had to buy a new uprated fence for my record BS350, as the old one will not lock in position. :shock:

Latest posts

Back