Table Saw 300 pound or under??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michel

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody advise me on a good quality saw bench with accurate fence for 300 pounds or less. So far i've looked at the following: -

Axminster
Jet light
Record
Fern
Power Pro (B&Q)
Delta
Rexon

all 10 inch

Any advice or reviews would be appreciated.

Thank you :lol:

Michel

Can anybody advise me on a good quality saw bench with accurate fence for 300 pounds or less.

accurate fence for £300 ain't going to happen.

in the past i had a rexon and an axminster both worked fine but were noe especially accurate.

they don't work so well at ripping large timber.

aleks

aleks

What would you suggest i would need to spend to get an accurate machine??

Any suggestions on make etc.

Michel

i think for about £500~600 you will get a got sturdy well made machine with a good fence.

if you take a look at the reveiw page here there are a couple of saws reviewed.

i think there was a group test in good woodworking a couple of months ago.

the best thing to do is to go and try some out.

once you've used a cheaper machine and then used a more expensive one you'll really notice the difference.

also try to get a saw with an induction motor.

aleks

PS i've now got an electra beckum PK255 (10") which i'm very pleased with

Going to have a look at the E/B PK200 today,

thank you for the advice

Michel

if i recall correctly the sheppach came out a little better in the test as it had a better fence. i think???

Michel
based on experience... I wouldn't touch another Ferm even if I was paid to.. worst misake I ever made....

Hi

Why not a better quality second hand saw?

I have an electra Beckum BKH 400, that has been used 20 times, and if you amke me an offer I would be prepared to sell it it was £800 new 18 months ago.

As I agree with the other guys for £300. you get the shops margin, at 30%, the manufactors profit at 30% so you really gat a sew worth £100!

Mark":3t78xrns said:
...you get the shops margin, at 30%, the manufactors profit at 30% ...

Would that manufacturing were so profitable! "Retail" price (SRP, etc) is typically around x2 to x3 the buy-in price BEFORE discounting (on Chinese stuff, this can be MUCH higher). My experience in manufacturing industry in the past was that engineered products were typically in the 10% to 15% range. You also forgot to factor in the importers margin (say 30% - he has to market, support and distribute the product, after all) :shock:

Scrit

Back