Table Mounted Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
I use a Dewalt 625 mounted in a table. I read somewhere a few months ago, advising removing the plunge springs to make adjustment easier and quicker. Is there anything I should consider before taking this course of action please?

I use the same router and once forgot to add the stop nut after removing the fine height adjuster , the whole thing went ping :lol: but went back together very easy . I keep meaning to remove my springs .

The springs in the 625 are easy to remove and to replace, just lift the router off the plunge columns. The springs are covered in grease, so have some kitchen roll or rag handy to wrap them in. There are also a couple of brass inserts in the top of the springs - just keep these with the springs somewhere safe.

Yeah! There's nothing like the embarassment of having your DW625 shed its base when lifting of in a client's kitchen :oops: . Makes you look really professional :lol:

Other than that a brilliant router

Scrit

Not as bad as plugging in the belt sander and watching it shoot down the worktop heading towards the client and inbedding itself in a plasterboard wall :shock: :lol:

Sort of kitchen fitters drag racing.... :lol:

Scrit

No issues as once you adjust the height you just lock it in place using the lever. The only purpose of springs on a plunge router is to lift the weight of the router body and remove the cutter after a cut. The weight of the router itself hanging upside down will have the same effect used in a table set up.

Happy trenching

Mike H

You might consider an alternative to removing the springs. Put a Plunge Bar from WoodRat on the router. That will make it easier to depth the router in the table or handheld. It will also save you time because you won't need to stop to reinstall the springs. I have my router mounted on a clear insert plate for the table. There are a lot of times I hand hold the router with that plate still on the router. Much quicker all around and I get a long straight edge when I need it for guiding the router.

Back