Table lamp fittings?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philb88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of any suppliers of lamp fittings that aren't plastic or brass coloured?

There must be some that are stainless stell or chrome at least? I know Axminster have the plastic and brass parts, but don't do any variations! Also they don't seem to do screw in only bayonet fittings?

Phil

I noticed today that my local B&Q was clearling out a load of table lamps in various styles (at around 3-£5) and my intil reaction was that they would make great donors for turning pieces! The only reason I didn't buy a few was that I have enough lying around to meet my needs...

Some suppliers may not stock ES fittings, particularly metal ones, because of the danger if the polarity is reversed for any reason. It is not unknown for the incoming supply to premises to have reverse polarity.

Quite common this side of the Channel, but as both line and neutral are switched by the c/bs nobody worries about it. Although, the older fused houses are only fused on what should/may be line :shock:

We don't see metal exterior ES fittings either, but I won't start about French elekky fittings!

Latest posts

Back