T5 Competition-completed table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work, I really like the legs, the proportions are good. Subtle & simple details that make the whole design.

John

Showing off your picture posting abilities again after assisting with my thread eh?

Nice work, a simple design that works well. particularly like the chunky legs with their chamfer. I prefer a sharper edge and corner on table tops particularly in craftsman style and cherry but perhaps you had practical considerations (small people around?) and as I say it's just personal preference.

This should look even better when the colour settles. I am always a little taken aback when I finish cherry with oil as it doesn't look as good as you might expect but as your bowl shows after a short time it starts to take on a wonderful colour that no stain can equal.

Regards

Roy

Roy wrote
I prefer a sharper edge and corner on table tops particularly in craftsman style and cherry but perhaps you had practical considerations (small people around?) and as I say it's just personal preference.

You got it in one, 5 year old granddaughter who charges around like a bull in a china shop. :D

Very nice work John. I, like Roy prefer the sharper edges but with a 5yr old....

The legs are lovely, their shape really fits in wth the overlall look very nicely

Back