T Track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieran62

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all.

Can someone tell me if the festool guide clamps fit into the t track sold by Axminster.
I'm building a movable assembly table for my workshop and would like to incorporate the t track into the sides and end of the table.

Thanks in advance
Kieran

Kieran...I might have both of these bits but, in case they're not the same as what you have in mind, if you could give links to the exact items then it will save both our time.

Evening Rodger.

The T track I'm thinking of using is this one, http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rod840636/ and I've got both of these clamps, just wondered if they fit into the track to use as holdowns.
Hope they do as I've already routed the groove into the table top :oops:

Thanks for your help
Kieran

Attachments

• Fes clamp.jpg
    Fes clamp.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 5,986
  • fes clamp 2.jpg
    fes clamp 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5,987
In a word, no. Sorry mate...guess it's back to the drawing board!

The depth of the slot on the T-track is only 5mm but even if you ground down the Festool clamps, I think you'll find that the T-track won't last very long as the lip that would hold the clamp in place is only just over 1mm wide

Oh well.

Thanks for the info Roger.
I've seen the festool clamps used somewhere on the net with a track, but for the life of me, I can't remember where :?

As you say back to the drawing board, maybe inspiration will strike tomorrow!

Thanks again
Kieran

There is a thread on the Festool Owner's Group Forum about compatible T-tracks and aluminium profile at the moment, hope this helps!

Thanks for that Peter; looks like I need Incra t track to fit the clamps I have.
Some of the prices I've found in the UK are ridiculous :evil: http://www.langtoninfo.co.uk/showitem.a ... 62&loc=GBP £64 before postage!!
I'll have to think about whether it's worth including it at that price.
Got the base and top done and I'll post a WIP when I get finished.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Kieran

Thanks for the links.

Marcros, phoned this morning, they seem a lot more reasonable :D
Peter, I'm routing a groove along the front edge of the bench for the t track and don't think I've got enough depth of timber for the profile in your link; but it has given me an idea for my next project for my SCMS. :D

Kieran

Just to update this thread and help anyone in the future. I built a drill press table the other day and used some old Rutlands t track I had laying round . I found that my festool clamps fit perfectly in it .

So if you need it to fit clamps get the Rutlands t track

Hi Chippy
Can you confirm that is the 1/2" tee track, and whether you are using the screw type clamps or the quick clamps?
Thanks

Back