T-track (Lee Valley..?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldel

Established Member
Reaction score
Please forgive me but this is a rather cheeky request directed at Rob Lee of LeeValley. In the UK I have found it impossible to find a supplier of T-track (t slot channel)
Axminster list it but have none in stock. Rutlands sell some Incra but at many times the USA price.
I have discovered that you stock just the thing under your Jig & Extrusions section, and the dollar price is extremely good value. So, I was wondering if you could persuade a UK company to stock these at a reasonable price?
On this Forum we often see members building their own jigs, router tables etc and being able to obtain these products at an acceptable price would make life so much easier!

Many thanks Aldel :wink:

Aldel - If you do a search for Rockler or Woodcraft on Google you'll find two USA suppliers who'll ship it to you for quite reasonable postage and at prices much less than you'll pay in Europe.

Rob, gotta agree with Aldel. T-Trac is hen's teeth overhere in Ireland as well as the UK. What do you reckon? Of course Martin may even be able to source it locally? I've tried to find it through Aluminium suppliers but very difficult to purchase in limited quantities.

Rgds

Noel

Losos,

I would be pleased to see any quoted prices as I have tried from various American stockists and have been given the ridiculous price of £60 by UPS for delivery. Plus you will have to run the gauntlet of import and VA Taxes.
I cannot understand why it cannot be obtained here at a sensible price.
I want to see, order and receive within a week, or is that an impossible dream?

Cheers aldel :x

I went to my local scrap dealer and he had loads of different types of track i got quite a lot but needed to cut and trim some of the sides of to make it a T slot but for £1 worth it

In GWW 159 on page 15, Mr K A Oxford states that the aluminium track for his home-made router table came from B&Q. Perhaps it might be worth taking a trip to a local branch?

Gill (whose local WH Smith has finally got a copy of a ww mag! :) )

Tony,

Although Axminster list T track (t slot) they have not had and will not have any in stock for some time.
Rutlands do stock some at £14.95 plus £4.95 for each bolt kit.
They only appear to stock Incra t track plus at £19.95.
Neither stock any of the multitude of fixings to go with the track.

The average price for ordinary track is $6 (£3.14) in Canada/USA. £15-£17 here.
The average price for Incra T Track plus is $10 (£5.23) in Canada/USA £19.95 at Rutlands.
The same or similar items can easily be found across the pond at numerous retailers but in effect only one here.
I vigorously object to the 4-5 times higher prices asked here even allowing for importation and taxes and so I am on a crusade and was rather hoping to get some support to get some competition. Then we can all gain.
Sorry for the rant, I will go and take my pills now!

Regards aldel :evil:

I have come up with a cheap alternative on my Drill press table:

I used ply for the base and MDF for the top. I routed a dado in the ply and then grooves in the top MDF. All 18mm thick timber.

tslot.jpg

Drillpress1.jpg
Drillpress4.jpg

It works very well for me.

CYC

Hi Aldel

aldel":299su74a said:
I vigorously object to the 4-5 times higher prices asked here even allowing for importation and taxes and so I am on a crusade and was rather hoping to get some support to get some competition. Then we can all gain.

I couldn't agree with you more. You have my support.

Cheers
Neil

aldel":1jtwn7py said:
LeeValley. I have discovered that you stock just the thing under your Jig & Extrusions section, and the dollar price is extremely good value.

Aldel,

Why not buy direct? My experience of LV is very good, and often you don't get charged any import or VAT, resulting in a great deal, as the pound is so strong.

Adam

aldel":3967wesn said:
I've long thought there's a huge gap where a supplier of sensibly priced bits and pieces for jigs etc should be. Knobs, levers, T-track, threaded inserts, clear acrylic, phenolic etc etc Basically Lee Valley's Jig and Fixture stuff. Only in metric, natch... :wink: Surely an outfit with sufficient turnover could organise something of the sort themselves direct with suppliers?

Cheers, Alf

Hi aldel.

How much are you looking for I have some in the workshop. A company I used to work for have there own produced for conveyor systems. If I remember correctly its also metric sizes. I can poss get a few lengths from them, I can check sizes this eve. how quick you want some?

I might be able to get say 10 or so meters of off cuts say 200 to 1000 in length from the lads who still work there the just scrap it off :( :( :( :( .

hope this may solve you problem :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best

Neil

Success at last!!!

Thanks to Deedee I have now had a long chat with Roger Phebey of http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/ who has a very close business relationship with Woodpecker and Incra amongst others and is able to supply most if not all of their stock at very reasonable prices. Of course the prices will be more than in the USA but will be very competitive.
I had in fact met Roger at tools 2004 and did not realise he was an importer.
He admits his website is out of date and is due for an update soon. I hope to be able to post some example prices on T-Track and assesories soon.
You can contact him on 0845 1659244 at local rate or 01491 629699 National rate. ( check, with some phone companies national can be cheaper than BT local rate)
Maybe T-Track at about half Rutlands price.
This sounds very promising so perhaps forum members could give him some support. Why not give him a call.

:D aldel :D

Aldel,
Glad to be of service. I browsed that site after Waka posted his router table details earlier in the week & made mention of the woodpecker table top.
They really could do with putting up some links to the suppliers they are importing from.

Andy

Back