T-track (Lee Valley..?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CYC":npfz0kmg said:
I have come up with a cheap alternative on my Drill press table:

I used ply for the base and MDF for the top. I routed a dado in the ply and then grooves in the top MDF. All 18mm thick timber.

tslot.jpg

Drillpress1.jpg
Drillpress4.jpg

It works very well for me.

CYC

Gotta say this is fantastic

Cyc,

Ingenious design. Just shows what can be done with a little bit of thought.
I like it.

Regards Aldel

Hooray!!!!

I have now received a call from Roger Phebey of http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/ who now has stocks of Woodpeckers T-Track and numerous extras to go with it at very reasonable prices indeed. Roger has now also updated his website to include many new items.
On the news page of my website I have an MS Excel price list for the track.
Roger has stocked these items after a pleading request from so please mention my name if ordering.
(must get my order in)
Many thanks Roger
Regards Aldel

Anyone going to Yandles on Friday? :D

You can get a form of T track in this country, try asking at the local chandlers for "sail track"; I found lots of it with a Google search and it's cheaper than your branded wotsit. The high molecular weight/dead slippy plaskit that Noel wants is available via Axminster in slab and tape form up to 4" wide (that's 100mm to you post decimal young things). Building say, a Beismeyer lookalike is easy with this stuff as fence cheeks.

Regards to all in Limavady Noel, I still return home to recharge the batteries.

Hi Sammie, thanks for that. Thought Axminster only did the sheets and tape in UHMW rather than the blocks. Although managed to find a box of the stuff recently. Much prefer it for the bars that run in TS mitre slots when using jigs.

Rgds

Noel, cold and overcast in Myroe.

A friend of mine used to be a coachbuilder, and used aluminium track like that for fixing partitions in mobile homes. The track allowed a 13mm head of a bolt to slide in snugly, the partition was then fixed to the captive bolt.
I have no idea where he got this stuff, and he stays in NZ now, so I have lost touch.
Might be worth a trip to your nearest coachworks though.

Tom

I'm delighted that someone's started to offer this stuff at a reasonable rate - I gave up in disgust trying to buy reasonable quantities last year.

Overall though, I have to agree with Aldel and Alf: there's a crying need for 'fairly priced' jig/fixture fittings in this country. Axminster offer them all, but at insane markups - it's one of the few areas where I really fault them. If you price up the bits you'd like for a 'normal' jig, it costs more than buying a blasted festool to do the job.. :cry:

aldel":3s1zinxq said:
Please forgive me but this is a rather cheeky request directed at Rob Lee of LeeValley. (snip)

Hi Aldel -

Don't know what made me look at this board today (I only watch the hand tools)....!

Your best bet is to make a pitch to Martin at Brimarc - of course, we're always glad to sell it directly, but it'd be better if it were already on your side of the pond.

Later this year - Veritas will have some interesting 'T-track' options available.

If I could be so bold - something you may want to also look at is this bit:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx ... at=51&ap=1

T-track made in hardwood is quite strong!

Cheers -

Rob

Looks nice, Rob, but my experience is that (a) US things are sized for US screws and bolts...with appropriate head sizes...which aren't that easily available over her...and (b) neat little T-nuts like that which your cutter is designed for aren't that easy to come by either.

Someone will come along and hopefully tell me I'm wrong :)

Roger Sinden":vlngicuv said:
Looks nice, Rob, but my experience is that (a) US things are sized for US screws and bolts...with appropriate head sizes...which aren't that easily available over her...and (b) neat little T-nuts like that which your cutter is designed for aren't that easy to come by either.

Someone will come along and hopefully tell me I'm wrong :)

Good point - I guess we'll have to add M6 and M8 stuff.... :-k

Cheers -

Rob

Back