systainers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 150mm ROS with no box. I also have various sanding discs that are crying out for some organisation.

Is there a sustainer that will fit both together? I have seen the ones for discs with 8 dividers, but the best solution would probably be a lift out tray of discs.

I will have a look but I have some Festool stuff, so it is useful that they clip together. It isnt essential though.

Either Doug’s suggestion or a standard systainer & the ros insert which has a section for discs, they sell it separately

As you say they clip together so use one for the sander and one for the discs and clip them together? Are the ones with a drawer in any use?

https://www.festool.co.uk/products/...stems/systainer/200117---sys-combi-2#Overview

I was being tight and trying to avoid paying for 2! but yeah, I think that is the likely outcome. I might save a few quid and make an insert.

not sure on the drawers. I dont think that they are deep enough to be efficient. The answer really is your fist suggestion.

Hi Marcros - I agree with all the Dougs (What is the plural of Doug? Dougi? haha)

I have a few tools in systainers & just clip the accys together with them using a thinner one.

My old matey from Jet days is now the Tanos importer (they make systainers) - could be worth a look on his site too - don't know what he is like on stock as also know he is helping with vaccine storage / transport boxes & v busy with that

https://www.vantainer.com/systainer-boxes-151-c.asp
Cheers, Nick

thanks nick. the extra couple of quid might be useful for an alternative colour than Festool grey.

If you know any woodworkers you could ask them to make a box?

Another idea :
I cut up a couple of those big flexy kitchen cutting mat things with scissors and use them as colourful "dividers" between the grits in a stack of sanding disks. I leave most of my disks in their original boxes in the shed and just keep 3 or four of every grit in a ziplock bag tossed in with the sander. It all fits in the systainer 2 or 3 the sander came in.
Replenish as required...

Back