Systainer insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made a file for the inside base of systainers to make custom tool inserts etc.
Image00001 thingiverse.jpg

I searched the web and found some but they were not a good fit so I drew my own in Vcarve pro.
I put it on thingiverse as DXF and SVG, link here Systainer T loc insert base by osmithcarpentry
for some reason it wouldn`t upload the native vectric file but I can send it if anyone wants it.
I realise its a bit of a niche thing but I needed one so maybe someone else will.

Edit Vectric file now on thingiverse too.

Cheers

Ollie

Last edited:
Thanks for this.
I've tried to use templates from the internet to do the same with mini systainers. The ones out there don't fit the current systainers so I ended up marking and cutting by hand.
Good of you to share your work for the full size cases.

Thanks for this.
I've tried to use templates from the internet to do the same with mini systainers. The ones out there don't fit the current systainers so I ended up marking and cutting by hand.
Good of you to share your work for the full size cases.
No problem, I was surprised I couldn't find a good one already, I wonder if it would scale to fit the mini ones or if they are different entirely. I might get round to doing one for those.

Ollie

They are actually a slightly awkward shape, Jacob, so if someone has put up an accurate drawing that you can download, print-out and use as a template (maybe by cutting it out with a pair of scissors?) then "fair play" to him I say

Have you tried using the "paper and pencil" system? :unsure:
I have and I made my initial hand tool insert by hand about 10 years ago.
Now I can cut a base in less than a minute which is spot on and requires no messing about.
Also now the outline is done it will be easy to modify for specific jobs.
This will save people a lot of time to do more fun woodworking jobs.

Ollie

Quick update, I made this as a test, just quickly out of random bits (dont look closely at it ! )
Image00001 thing.jpg

Just a note that this systainer is different at the back to the festool ones, it is a fein version.

Also have uploaded dimensioned drawing to thingiverse for non CNC methods.

Ollie

Quick update, I made this as a test, just quickly out of random bits (dont look closely at it ! )
View attachment 126934

Just a note that this systainer is different at the back to the festool ones, it is a fein version.

Also have uploaded dimensioned drawing to thingiverse for non CNC methods.

Ollie
This is what I like about this site. Ollie has spent time and effort producing this file and has made it freely available plus something for non cnc users.

Thought I just post to say thanks @Ollie78, I know very little about CNCing but an ex-forum member very kindly used the file to cut me 3 bases from plywood for some inserts I want to make.

2694D2F7-976D-46D4-8FBA-0CDC52F5A479.jpeg

Can’t believe how quickly they were cut, thanks again Ollie.

Thought I just post to say thanks @Ollie78, I know very little about CNCing but an ex-forum member very kindly used the file to cut me 3 bases from plywood for some inserts I want to make.

View attachment 130005

Can’t believe how quickly they were cut, thanks again Ollie.

This is great, good to know its being used.
Good to confirm the fit is alright.

Ollie

Latest posts

Back