SWMBO ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
I know what it stands for but just out of interest how do you all pronounce it ? I put an I in and call it swimbo.

+1 for "Schwimbo".

BTW, the first time I heard this term (without the I) was watching "Rumpole of the Bailey" some years back. I'm not sure if the author, John Mortimer, was the inventor of the term or if it comes from something much earlier.

(The I stands of course for Immediately and was added much later I think).

With or without the I, it does do such a GOOD job of describing our respective "happy lots" doesn't it?

;-)

AES

I wasn't aware that it ever actually had an 'I; in it. I just meant I put one in when pronouncing it. Couldn't get my tongue round Swm :)

BTW, the first time I heard this term (without the I) was watching "Rumpole of the Bailey" some years back. I'm not sure if the author, John Mortimer, was the inventor of the term or if it comes from something much earlier.

'She', in the novel of that name by H Rider Haggard, had to be obeyed, or else.

Terry

Thanks for the info Finial. I read "King Solomn's Mines" a while back but don't remember "She". Pwerhaps I should try it.

AES

Grahamshed":2e0gmskp said:
I know what it stands for but just out of interest how do you all pronounce it ? I put an I in and call it swimbo.
Same here...'i' for 'immediately' - Rob

Grahamshed":8lvnlqj9 said:
I wasn't aware that it ever actually had an 'I; in it. I just meant I put one in when pronouncing it. Couldn't get my tongue round Swm :)

Hmmm - I often find I can't get my tongue anywhere near my Swm, either :lol: :lol:

phil.p":2oui0dfg said:
:D woken up on form today, Greg? :D
I doubt it. If he was on form he would be able to reach his swm ok. I am probably older than he is and I manage without any problem. ( mind you, I do have very long toes )

Grahamshed":2cnorxs7 said:
phil.p":2cnorxs7 said:
:D woken up on form today, Greg? :D
I doubt it. If he was on form he would be able to reach his swm ok. I am probably older than he is and I manage without any problem. ( mind you, I do have very long toes )
And a neck like a 'kin giraffe =D>

Latest posts

Back