Switch Over-ride

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Fox F50-842 Dust Extractor, which is housed in a separate building. I have a remote switch (45 amp Shower Pull Switch) which I previously used for an extractor, but this machine has an over-ride so that when using the pull switch the machine can only be started from the machines switch. Does anyone know please how I can get over this? My only thought was to do a straight connection and bypass the machines switch.

Regards

John

I expect the switch on the extractor is one of those magnetic switches. It is designed to open the switch in the event of a power failure. Great for things like tablesaws but in your case not the ticket. You could bypass the switch altogether if you know what you are doing.

You might also look at using a radio frequency remote control to activate the switch instead.

John,

I had the same problem with the Nutool dust extractor that I took the blower off for my cyclone. Reaching the switch when it's 8' up and at the back prompted me to bypass it. I have it plugged in via another NVR that’s easy to reach fix to a shelf next to the machine.

Thanks to both Daves. I had a look and found the wiring behind the switch simple. The wires were also connected to the switch by 'spade. connectors. All I've done is joined the wires and taken the switch out of commision, and now rely on the pull switch in the workshop and the rcd for protection.

Latest posts

Back