Swapping roles with workpiece

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshD

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in hospital recovering from op to have lumbar spine fused L2-S1 (two stage op, first stage yesterday). No workshop for 3-6m, longer still until heavy stuff. So have live vicariously through forum. Turns out I prefer to be doing the cutting and chiselling rather than having it done to me.

Not surprised. Sounds unpleasant to say the least, hope it all goes well for you.

Take it easy and don't be tempted into lifting or moving till you get the go ahead from the Doc :) hope you have a swift recovery.

take it easy, I have a few back problems myself this last few years and know how bad it can be, I hope you feel better after it heals.

Hope it goes well. I'm down for some chiseling soon - hip socket replacement, possibly both.
Hope to be back on me bike before the summer is done - had to pack it in - can't get my leg over

I'm just about to carry a 40kg sack of pig food up the hill. You are more than welcome to join me vicariously as I stumble up the path with sack on shoulder, stumbling over cats, and battling with gates. I need all the help I can get, these days.

I'm just about to carry a 40kg sack of pig food up the hill. You are more than welcome to join me vicariously as I stumble up the path with sack on shoulder, stumbling over cats, and battling with gates. I need all the help I can get, these days.
I'm there with you ... in spirit ! Am I helping?

I'm wondering which surgeon forum your doctor is on today asking for the best approach to fusing L2-S1 of someones lumbar region, and if he should do it in two stages as is accepted practice of try the new one stage proceedure.

I bet he also started a thread about sharpening scaples.

Very good! Especially about the sharpening!

Am due to go in any time now, just waiting for him to finish up last patient...

Split into 2 20kg bags ,one for each shoulder ,won't make it any lighter but should even out your stumbling a bit :ROFLMAO:

I've just had a shoulder op 3 weeks ago - effectively an artificial ligament. Aldo 3 month + before I'm lifting stuff again. Its not easy recuperating ...
I empathise with you.

Latest posts

Back