Sven In Belfast (and a very minor cricket thingy)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Recently, in 1927, England were beaten by Northern Ireland in Belfast. I expect it'll be a repeat performance tonight. That is, assuming the teams make it to Windsor Park.........

Noel

Norn Iron 1 , Hinglan' 0

Sven looked like something was hung up on his haemeroids and he couldn't jiggle it free.

Poor bloke could probably hear the Sun and Mirror sharpening up their single syllable whining about him for tomorrow.

The noise coming from Windsor Park is rumoured to have caused six pregnant ladies to prematurely go into labour; what's the betting "David" and "Healy" feature prominently at the christenings?

Yours, taking life far too tongue in cheek, as usual, Sam.

Wales??????? Nae Probs!

Rubbish first half, interesting second half. NI played their wee hearts out and won, and won well. For a £150m, supposedly world class team to be beaten by a £5m (even if that) team England need to get their act together. Well done NI.

Noel, pity France won.

Well played NI - a deserved win. England? Just plain embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

No doubt the England manager will get a lot of stick, but the players must be as much to blame - they are the ones who have to produce the goods on the pitch. Multi-millionaires they may be but as representatives of their nation they are, at worst, pretty much disgracefully worthless or, at best, clueless, IMO, if that is the best they can do. And yet again we see an England player losing his head and behaving yobbishly. About the most intelligent comment from the England captain, repeated on numerous occasions, in a post match interview was, "... we stick togever." :roll: :roll:

I bet Cloughie turned over a few times tonight.

Trev.

cambournepete":96cqh72q said:
Ok, so I got the footie score wrong, but at least I got the winner right.
To be honest at one point I thought you might have got the score right too. I just hope you got the cricket bit really, really wrong... :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Blasted bottle blonde, troublesome texting, spinning person. :evil: The quicks are looking very second rate though, aren't they? How come Lee can only bowl okay when McGrath isn't playing? :-s Oh well, early days yet, and with luck at least two days will be lost to rain... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

That d*mn Shane Warne must be some bowler taking four top order wickets with a brand new ball on a rock hard pitch. :shock:

Either that or England's batsmen are a bunch of pansies!!! #-o

Please can someone who is actually watching this on TV tell me which is correct, as trying to follow it on the internet whilst stuck in work just isn't the same!

A very frustrated Taffy. :evil:

I'd say he's some bowler - but I think you know that :)

Currently watching at home having cunningly booked Thu/Fri off even though we got back from two weeks holiday in Santorini only last night. Having to "watch" the previous test via irregular text messages from a mate in England was seriously stressful :-(

Not looking *too* bad right now - 318/7 as I write, with 3 over left. If this pair can last, then 350 all out and most of a day at the Ozzies will suit Freddie and Co fine. Losing S. Jones a bit of a blow though.

Not impressed with the stoppages for bad light - the law used to go on about physical danger to players or umps, but was apparantly changed recently and the word "physical" was left out - seems pretty unfair to me.

Aww, come off it. If they offered the light to the Aussies at reading "X", it's only fair to offer it at the same reading to England, isn't it? No-one was complaining at the Aussies taking the light as I recall.

Anyway, who's side are you on? :p :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

Seems cricket is going soft. Fair enough if someone like Freddie or Harmie (or past quicks such as Marshall or Holding) are steaming in, but there's no danger from slowies and spinners. The weather/conditions used to just be something else that was pot luck - seems no longer the case.

Anyway I'm just sore because I only got to attend the Lords match :-(

Back