Surprise tool haul!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
So this past weekend I stayed with family in Poole. I was a bit miffed to be missing two bumper boot fairs, but it was a lovely weekend so no big deal.

My host had recently lost her father and and i was asked if I would like to have a look around his workshop as it was all going to the tip soon and to have anything I wanted.... :D :D :D :D

After a bit of digging around i found some really nice bits. I was told by the widow that her brother in law was a ships carpenter and i saw what looked like a large wooden tool chest. but on closer inspection it was devoid of any tools and just contained dross.... :(

But heres the good stuff!

CWluRAN.jpg

A selection of G Clamps some home made, the 2 with the greenish tint are actually bronze engine clamps for a seagull boat motor but i'm sure they will come in handy one day, and they will polish up lovely!

fKhXFgY.jpg

A varied selection of bits including a millers falls egg beater, gouge and small thor rawhide/copper mallet.

hSzlop8.jpg

another selection including some planes a torque wrench, a nice britool AF set and some other great useful bits!

sreutYH.jpg

The original owner was a newspaper printer many years ago so had these nice composing stick's! I had never seen one before in the flesh!

nDTqvda.jpg

And the Diamond in the rough!! a Stanley no.66 reeding plane! :D :D :D i have never seen one of these in the wild so to find one with the fence still attached!!!

ktqzqOC.jpg

IXzhOwx.jpg

Any ideas what this is? made of bronze about 12" long and an 1" thick it has a hell of a wing nut on it! possibly marine related?? It seems the large fitting is actually a water fitting due to be threaded on both ends. but i dunno....

Adidat

Right bloke, right place, right time.
Good rescue.

I've taken to mentioning to all and sundry that I'm interested in old tools, on the offchance of getting an invitation like that. :)

I've no clue on the bronze lump, but you'll be glad of it when you need to turn up a custom rustproof fitting of some sort.

Just in case anyone thought I was taking advantage. the home was based slap bang in the middle of one of the most expensive post codes in the world and the family where very pleased for me to have the stuff!

Adidat

AndyT":267cilny said:
I've no clue on the bronze lump, but you'll be glad of it when you need to turn up a custom rustproof fitting of some sort.

This is very true! the wingnut is 90mm across! :shock: :shock:

Adidat

The two Paramo clamps, will see your great grandson out, I have several, they are better quality than Record!

Bod

Nice!! Ah Paramo C-clamps, wouldn't mind a few of those myself as I love the look of them.

Hope none of the clamps is too stuck! Just in the last few days I cleaned an old Record 3" one I got for little because it was seized and it's still seized despite using all the tricks. I'll get it eventually, but it's proving much more stubborn than I'd hoped.

Latest posts

Back