Supply of Woodtek lathe parts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minilathe22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I have an older lathe with a slightly unusual 1 1/4" toolpost size. I want to expand the toolrests I have. I have ordered some tubing to sleeve 1" and 1 1/8" toolrests, however I notice that brand new Woodtek lathes appear to have 1 1/4" toolpost size. I can see on ebay several sellers I can get the straight toolrests from, I cannot seem to find anyone supplying the S curve one separately? This page for buying the full lathe, shows the S curved one on the outboard side:

Woodworker's Supply | WOODTEK® 12" VS LATHE

Anyone know how I can order one of these? I am in the UK, this machine appears to only be available in the US. The S curve appears to be a right hand one, I wonder if they do a lefthand one aswell.

scurvewoodtek.PNG

cant help with this, but have you seen the sorry modular system? they do a range of sizes, and an internal and external rest. not sure that they do an s shape though

Yes Sorby and Axminster do a threaded toolpost and then several screw on rests, but I think they might be a bit thin for larger lathes. The Woodtek one looks like it is cast iron and quite sturdy.

Back