suppliers in glasgow

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

hello.
i am hoping other's can help and give their opinions on good suppliers in or around glasgow. i'm trying to source suppliers for tools, timber, and basically all materials required in the woodworking scene.

thanks,

kenny.

Hi Kenny, we work with the saw centre as our main Jet outlet for Southern Scotland - they have a very well stocked showroom full of machinery and power tools - main agents for most leading brands. I don't think they sell timber - you'd have to check that with them.

Hope this helps if you haven't already heard of them - details below

The Saw Centre Ltd
650 Eglington Street, GLASGOW, Scotland. G59 RP
0141 429 4444

[email protected]
www.thesawcentre.co.uk

Cheers

Nick
Jet

hi kenny
as jetman said TSC is worth a visit, plenty of other stuff dw,Trend,shepachetc
a blinding big store ,they can arange demos too.
Dave W

hi guys, yeah i use the saw centre already (very good store).
as far as i know they dont sell timber, then again i've never enquired about it.
tbh i'm quite frustrated at the lack of decent suppliers in glasgow, i've always had a passion about working with wood and i feel like i cant share this with other likeminded people.

my main enquiry would be to find a timber supplier where i could get a variety of different woods, as and when i was needing them.

kenny.

Hi Kenny,
Tools; you are already aware of TSC also try websters 01698 381392 they are based in wishaw, they can usually match or beat any price i walk in with whether its a magazine or the saw centre

Jean Burhouse is in perth i dont have there number though but brimarc have it on there website

with regards wood Scotland is a main port and there are many suppliers around Glasgow.

The best i've found is Gilmour and Aitken 01389 752333 based in alexandria they are the biggest i've ever seen if not the biggest in scotland set in 10 acres of yard with 5 huge kilns
they supply every type of imported hardwood, they will supply trade and public. They have always had whatever i needed and a lot cheaper than what i would have been at local timber yards.

there is also a number of sawmills offering home grown hardwood but my experience with them was they were expensive for poorly dried hardwood

Try the next scottish woodwork show usually around mid-march and you'll be surprised at how many tools suppliers there are around

regards
Ian

this is just a quick post to say a big thankyou to ian.
after getting an invite up to ian's workshop today, i left with a lot of good ideas. ian you were very helpful and i appreciate your hospitality. up until now i felt like i was alone in my interest as i didn't know any likeminded folk to have chats with and share ideas etc etc.

so thanks ian, much appreciated.

kenny.

Back