Supplier of straight grained Ash sought - S W Hampshire area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrisminordriver

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im (very very very :D :D :D ) pleased to say that Ive just bought a 1967 Morris Traveller. The wood frame is rotten in a couple of places and I will need to scarf in some new timber.
Does anyone have any details of a timber merchant who can supply well seasoned straight graned ash?. I will need a couple of 6ft lengths about 3" x 4".
There'll be quite a few other jobs needing to be done but I'm seeking advice for those on the Morris Minors Owners Club site until there's a Morris Minor section on the UKW Forum :wink:
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks MMD.

MMD
Try Totton Timber in (yes, you guessed it :lol: ) Totton. They have a website too.
I found them very helpful and prices are reasonable.
Hope this helps (and hope all is well with you and the family??)
Philly :D

Hey up, Mike. Long time no poetry. :D Back to Moggy ownership at last, eh? Ah, no wonder you're chuffed.

My favourite Traveller-related joke, and a legend in our household, is Dame Edna Everage doing a piece about Stratford upon Avon and claiming a Traveller as "a half-timbered car like Shakespeare used to know". :lol:

But I can't help you on the ash. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Back