Sundays haul.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bod

Established Member
Reaction score
3 items for £2.50
IMG_0001.JPG

Plane, have you spotted why I bought it?

IMG_0002.JPG

Yup, full length Marples blade and cap iron.

IMG_0005.JPG

The smaller clamp has an interesting modification.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Makes gripping round items much easier. It's been machined in later, but is an idea worth remembering.
The other clamp, was just because it was cheap, and I have several matching. These Paramo clamps, I reckon are just as good, or maybe better than Record. Never seen a bent one.

The plane now I've had a better look at it, is I feel an early English Stanley No.4, the casting of "Bailey" and "Made in England" is the crispest I've seen.

Bod.

I am missing my car boots but still reluctant to go just yet

I assume you got them at a car boot?

If so what was it like, social distancing and mask wearing wise?

Just curious as I can't quite see how its managed at a free for all like a car boot

I am missing my car boots but still reluctant to go just yet

I assume you got them at a car boot?

If so what was it like, social distancing and mask wearing wise?

Just curious as I can't quite see how its managed at a free for all like a car boot

My local one is held in a large field, very much more spread out.
As it is outside, some wear masks, some don't. But there is much less handling. What I have noticed, is there is only a handfull of people smoking, 2-3 per hundred, much less than last year.

Bod.

My local one is held in a large field, very much more spread out.
As it is outside, some wear masks, some don't. But there is much less handling. What I have noticed, is there is only a handfull of people smoking, 2-3 per hundred, much less than last year.

Bod.

Thanks for that, interesting to know

I loved going round the bootsales, Hardly go now though as my knees are shot, Had two new knees in the last five years and they're both killing me again, Only had the right one domne last year, Took a tumble at work and landed straight on it on a concrete floor! 🙁

Here's a few bits that i've brought home with me..

Centrix woodlathe, Gave £15 for this with a large motor (Too big for this machine really!) It's aluminium but with hardened steel ways..🙄
sDyxeEC.jpg

Benchtop planer (Jointer?), Bought this from an old gent for a tenner, I really thought it wouldn't work due to the low price, Was shocked when it started up perfectly!! 😯 It's gone somewhat rusty on the bed in my damp garage

dUMuHKs.jpg

This mitre saw was £5, Pretty sure I bought it from the same chap, The handle had been broken but repaired well, I have another identical motor unit with a perfect handle that I gave £3 for a year or two before this!!
Em5anoZ.jpg

A load of stuff that I bought years ago, I've three B&D power files now, One came with loads of belts and other bits but the belts were so old that the glued joint let go after a few seconds!!
pFDPIHt.jpg

This combo set was very cheap, I think three or four quid but it's imperal only!, I have another 12"/305mm rule somewhere!
8kU2Z3X.jpg

The following week I found a 24"/600mm square for 50p!!, All are M&W made here in Sheffield!!
JcKtY9Q.jpg

Both are 2 speed, Can't recall what I paid but I think it was very next to nothing!!
w2EWirK.jpg

Two 600mm F clamps for £8 (Seller wouldn't budge!!)..
pwR3iYr.jpg

John (y):)

Planer. It's only a jointer in the USA and in Youtubeland.

Thanks Mike, I've never known for sure what to call it! (y)

I also found this ancient 'Impetus' planer too at the bootsale years ago, Can't recall what I paid for it but it's heavy (Iron), I was risking it putting it on a glass table for the pic! 😱
YWogNbp.jpg

Bx497JU.jpg

There was no guide or guard with it, I presume they didn't have guards back when this was made though!

John :)

car boots can be heaven......wish we had em here......
one of the few things I miss......
but usually return to the UK when the Stafford 2 day motorcycle sale is on......
hope things get back to normal, have a list of wants.....
2 days of fun and junk food......hahaha....

Back