Summer 16 Woodturning Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
The Summer Challenge is for a single object made from at least two different woods. Richard Findley has kindly agreed to judge this quarter’s Challenge,

Challenge Requirements:

This month’s rules are:-

1. The Challenge is open to anyone and everyone.
2. Entries must be new and made specifically for the Challenge.
3. Entries must be a single object made of at least two different woods and must be turned on a lathe using woodturning tools.
4. The entry can be any size or shape but must come together as a single item ( ie, one black chess piece and one white chess piece would not be a single item )
5. Segmented turning, piercing, carving, colouring, pyrography and texturing are allowed for this challenge. However, the judge must be able to see your turning skills!

Please post three images of your work together with details of the woods used, the tools and methods used to make it and any key dimensions. A special ‘Entries’ thread will be started for this at the appropriate time.
Images needed:-

1 showing a general view of your entry .
1 top view of your entry
1 view of the bottom of your entry
A fourth picture may be added (but is not compulsory) if needed to show any other interesting details of your entry.

Image size - please use image size 640 x 480 0.3mp, as in previous challenges

Please upload your pictures and description to the ‘Entries Thread’ between 10pm on Friday the 24th June and 10pm on Sunday the 26th June.

Please also send me a PM giving me your own opinions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places amongst the entries (other than your own) between 10pm on 26th June and 10pm on 28th June (for me to compile the entrants’ scoring).

Any comments or questions on this month’s Challenge, please use this thread to ask.
Remember the object of these challenges is to get practice and increase your skill but mostly to have fun. You do not need to be an expert to enter.

Good luck everybody.

Good morning
Just checking that I'm not missing anything obvious. I can't see an Entry thread for the summer comp and am guessing it's just been a bit delayed but am a little concerned that I'm being dense!
All the best
Ian

WOW. Sorry, that crept up on me. I will get it done today and extend the deadline by a day.

Thanks Graham,
Glad it's that you just forgot - was worried you might be dealing with some sort of problem.
Slightly concerned that no-one else seems to have noticed. Am I the only person planning to enter?
All the best
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back