Suitable Table for Trend T7EK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brig

Reaction score
I've just purchased a Trend T7EK router and was intending to get the Trend CRT/MK3 Craft Pro table to go with it, but I've just read that the T7 won't fit without drilling extra holes in the table's mounting plate to accept fixing holes in the T7's base, but the T7 also has a trigger switch, which will make it difficult to use with the no-volt release switch on the table.

Has anyone done this, and is it really a problem to use?

Any advice on which table would be a good match with the T7 would be very much appreciated.

I would like to keep it under £250 if possible.

I'd keep your eyes open on ebay for a big trend or ryobi or record power router table. Theres some up currently but nothing that near to you in Shropshire.
Most of the bigger tables are pick up only, so finding one in or near to you is the ideal, but you still might need to drive a bit. But it keeps interest low, so you can get them for well below your top line.
But if you make a day of such an affair, stop for sandwiches, a bit of a sightsee etc, knowing you have the desired kit, it can be worthwhile.

I've seen the large cast iron trend tables go for £150, so with a bit of luck and being prepared to wait, and putting up with something basic till then, it can really pay off.

I have been looking on eBay and local Facebook sales etc, but nothing has caught my eye yet, and because the Trend T7 doesn't fit their own Trend CRT/MK3 Craft Pro table, I'm a bit hesitant to purchase anything without knowing for sure that it will compatible with the T7.
Just to clarify, I don't need anything too large because I need to be able to tuck it away under the workbench in my garage when not in use.

Back