Suitable Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecableguy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have just purchased Festool's TS 55 saw, and after reading about this popular topic I am considering between the FEIN Dustex 25 and also the Festool MIDI. That said when looking over the features, the FEIN appears a better option:

--------------FEIN------------FESTOOL
Hose length----6m---------------3.5m
Input (w)------1300--------------1200
Socket (w)-----2000--------------2400
Size-----------24 L---------------15L
Weight--------7kg----------------9kg

I appreciate the stacking option with the Festool, but just want to ask anyone out there who uses either on their advice on what to go for. I don't mind paying the extra for the Festool, but is it worth it in the long run?

Also does the hose fitting of the FEIN attach to the TS 55 ok?

Cheers,

Scott

Hi, I recently also purchased the Numatic linked to above and agree that it's great. I was also considering the festool, but decided for the numatic. I don't h ave a TS55 but use it with the maikta sp6000 plunge saw.

If you have a ts55 then there's no doubt you should get the midi, its designed to work with your saw and the systainer locks on top of it if you need to go mobile. It's a very good vac I've had mine 5 years now and its been great. It's quiet , powerful and the hose is the best I've found on any vac. Keep your eye out for a £50 off voucher and most dealers are discounting now too.

Back