Suggest a water can/bottle/container to feed the dog jet wash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallet Fancier

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a Karcher OC3, the best January sales purchase I've made in years. With the soft cone spray nozzle it's excellent at removing the mud from the dogs... and there has been an awful lot of mud in the last few weeks! Great for boots, as well. I often take it on site and don't carry nearly as much muck into the car as a result. (Everyone takes the water, but I think they're just jealous!)

Problem: it has a 4 litre tank and this is too small. Runs out before I've finished all the dogs and half the boots. I'm thinking of using the suction hose option to feed it from a bigger reservoir, maybe 7 to 10 litres, but I need something that isn't going to leak in the car! A fuel can, maybe? Any ideas welcome. I've been reading too many reviews of water bottles on Amazon and my eyes are spinning!

For smaller water containers, it's often cheaper to buy the "liquid with free container" rather than a dedicated container.

All supermarkets sell 5L bottles of mineral water, often about £1. The bottles are quite strong (when full of water) and an easily manageable size. A couple of those should be more than sufficient, and you will be able to see when they start to look weak. They will probably last years in the back of a car.

Otherwise, look at 5L bottles which screenwash comes in, or the 10L/20L bottles of de-ionised water. Any farm/industrial site will have plenty lying about.

Problem solved :D
IMG_0952.JPG

I'd look for something flat that won't topple over in the car.
This is 70 litres - too big and costly - but it's a motorhome / caravan fresh water tank. I think that sector's the place to be looking.
Maybe it'll spark an idea ?
fiamma-70-litre-fresh-water-tank-new-2021-631-p.jpg

ask on freecycle for an empty detergent/softener container these are 10 lts and used on automatic dosing for commercial washing machines,

We buy our deionised water for ironing etc in 25L containers- perhaps offer to do the ironing for the next year?

You could ask at your local car mechanics/garage and ask for a empty 25L anti freeze or similar container ,give it a good wash out and it would do the job you want at no cost :)

25 ltr container here if you have 16 quid to trade for time spent looking to Freecycle.
25 ltr is the best size for amount Vs weight imo. I used to use a portable reach and wash system (long water fed window cleaning brush type scenario) using these size bottles. I know what I'm on about here. Any bigger and portage becomes a serious issue. Best bang for the buck as our American friends might say.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Litre-Jerr...ds=water+container+50l&qid=1646574369&sr=8-14

£16.50 😱 and I've been chopping the tops off those to grow tatties and tomatoes in as couldn't get rid of many of that size ( dishwashing liquid ) because most people in the camping at festivals scene liked the smaller sized ex laundry liquid containers.

Back