• I like the old style better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My eyes, my eyes, take it down it's awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, I've changed design on the forum *slightly*.

The menu near the top (Home,projects,reviews,etc) looks out of place, I've only put it there for the time being. In the next couple of days it will be replaced with a new menu system :)

The logo isn't finished yet either. It's just a quick mockup to show you all an example and of course the forum buttons will be replaced with a blue border instead of red.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Bit gappy, top left Charley. But certainly a big improvement. Yip, keep the new top banner, looks well.

Noel

Scott

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, also like it apart from gap top left

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I detected the smell of new paint... :wink: Wot Noel and Neil said, although maybe bring the lettering on the banner in a bit from the extreme left too, if you weren't already going to. And as you're playing, can I make a small plea for the link to the Memberlist to be the same colour (and underlined) like the others? A small thing, I know, but it nags at me. :oops:

I'll get my anorak on the way out... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments :)

And as you're playing, can I make a small plea for the link to the Memberlist to be the same colour (and underlined) like the others? A small thing, I know, but it nags at me.
You don't want much do you? I bring you a nice fresh style and you want MORE?? :shock: :p

tibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Errrr - why's it say 'UK Worksnop Purums' at the top now - are we trying to attract cat lovers in the Sheffnield area ? :roll:

All the white space at the top left looks like it would be a good home for the menu buttons which would give more vertical screen space for the messages.

Richard

A

Anonymous

big improvement Charley, mcuh cleaner - agree with other comments re top left

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Even better now Charley. Still a little white top left but I can live with that or maybe just squeeze things up a weeny bit. Well done.

Noel

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Y'know, maybe it's ok, the more I see it. Ok maybe a mm or two.
Guess I need to see it first. Nope, it needs squeezed up a tad.

Noel, so decisive....

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Noel,

Where exactly is the white gap? Are you talking about the very top near the UKW logo? :-k

A mm or two? didn't you get the tape measure out? [-X

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know all the 'main' work has been done to the style so you shouldn’t get any more strange errors while using the forum.

Some of you may have just received a mySQL/database error on the whole site. I was doing some work on the mySQL users and even though I was quick I still had to save the changes on one page then upload the new config files but only took 10 secs max :)

The mySQL work was done in preparation for the move to the new server.

Sorry that the forum has been ‘unstable’ for the odd second, here and there for the last 24 hours but I hope you agree that it’s been worth it/or will be...

The site is now ready for the new server :D … (I’ll give you more info about the move nearer the time).

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Ooo look, the Memberlist link's all ship shape again. Huzzah! :D Ooo, and I like the drop down menus. =D> I think, like Noel, maybe the gap between the FAQ, Search, Memberlist etc line and next information line down could, with benefit, be squeezed up a little, but we may just be being picky now... :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Leaving smilie comments for the other thread - but HOORAY!!!!

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Charley,

The link for the gallery on the menu on the forum pages doesn't do anything. :(

You still have a few of the header bars coming up in the old colour scheme, in the topic review window and in the emotions window, are two that I have found.

Well done with the upgrade/spring clean looks very nice. =D>

I have just found that the spell checker that did work for me is just opening a new window and not loading the post to check #-o back to word for spell checking for me. :roll:

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing those out Dave. :D I've got to go out now but will do them when I get back.

I forgot the the spell check uses another database and I need to add my new mySQL user to it :oops:

DemiFrog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Charley,

The New look "looks" great =D> .

I have found the pull-down menus in the Member list page are "underneath" the Select sort method & order fields, thus the items in the pull down selection are not visible in these areas.

Latest posts