Stupid question regarding Osborne EB3 and Wadkin BGS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've finally decided to run the gauntlet of the VAT and order an Osborne EB-3 to go with my new (old) Wadkin BGS. But I don't live in the same place as it, so I don't know the dimensions of the slot. The nice folks at Osborne say: 'The guide bar on the EB3 measures.748 inches (18.9mm) wide or .377 (9.6mm) thick. The guide bar on the EB3SS (Shopsmith) measures .723 inches (18.3mm) wide and .319 inches (8.1mm) thick.'

Can anyone give quick advice on which one I need? Even better, has anyone got one going in the UK? Why on earth don't these guys have UK distributors?

Peter

what a coincidence. I have the same setup.
the mitre gauge fits in the slot (it has screws to adjust play) but the slot itself is deeper than the 'standard' american ones. ie 1/2" instead of 3/8".
you can use some spacers and grub screws to remedy that.
I happen to keep my mitre gauge fixed to the table with a kind of a t-nut and use the sliding table instead of moving the mitre gauge itself along the slot. well that's why I wanted a sliding table in the first place.

Thanks, gents. I hadn't realised Axminster sold them - though quite a lot pricier than in the US, including postage - they are doing a fathers day deal! And I agree about the sliding table - that is the whole point, isn't it.

Back