Stupid Motorists!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh it is...
...and no apologies needed, I found that site a good long while ago. I didn't even click the link when you posted it. :p

All I was driving at was that that I've been involved in the political process as much as most - I've written letters, encouraged others to do so, signed petitions - heck I even dragged my backside around the corner to the polling station in full knowledge it counts for nothing and only legitimises their illegitimate rule... "Sorry, wrong meeting." (Bill Hicks.)
The end result being complete disillusionment with and rejection of the entire system as it stands.

I know a lot of people who get narky about "the state" are just ranting... I'm not one of them... short of wasting money on a deposit every few years and standing for election (which, frankly, I can't afford anyway - and I'd never join a mainstream party and campaign for them - not that my views would be accepted by any of them anyway) I've done just about everything we're supposed to do to get things changed. It feels like a flea trying to get an elephant to turn from its path by flying into it. A million people marched on London to protest against starting the Iraq war and achieved absolutely nothing. Hundreds of thousands called for a referendum recently and achieved absolutely nothing. The list of examples of people in vast numbers trying to being about all manner of changes from minor to major and almost inevitably they achieve absolutely nothing.... UNLESS the majority of the ruling class decide they will throw a particular group a bone to be seen to be doing something (and in doing so, almost always make things worse for freedom).

Sorry about the rant... it's just so utterly depressing to see how utterly powerless we are to change anything genuinely worth changing.

Back