Stuff from before

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
This is Burr Oak, Finish is Woodoc 6 coats applied with brush and cloth.
Hope I've done this properly.
P1010861.jpg

Attachments

• P1010858.jpg
    P1010858.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,087
  • P1010860.jpg
    P1010860.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,088
  • P1010861.jpg
    P1010861.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,092
Eugene, that is really good. Couldn't you learn to hold the tools with your feet? That guy in Morocco does OK. Still a bit late as the lathe is gone already.

I have virtually had to give up playing the guitar as I can no longer hear when its in tune. Takes the fun out. Also means that making them is awkward too as tuning the wood is so important to the response. This age thing is a right PITA. I didn't sign up for it and I didn't get the choice. Bad deal there somewhere. Commiserations.

Pics are fine :D

As I am never sure if me pictures are posted properly I tend to leave out important things about the subject .
The wings are textured :?: with a dremel like drill the edges are touched with a blow lamp.
It is 425 x 390 mm

boysie39":uahzc3yg said:
As I am never sure if me pictures are posted properly I tend to leave out important things about the subject .
The wings are textured :?: with a dremel like drill the edges are touched with a blow lamp.
It is 425 x 390 mm

If you click ONCE on the pic, you can rename it. Alternatively, you can do it in iPhoto before you export them.

Gordon, I was holding the tools with me feet and toes ,Thats why all the holes and pieces are missing. :roll:
I have some other pieces to post :? do I have to start a new post every time or can I add on here , :idea:

boysie39":2mvw2fy0 said:
Gordon, I was holding the tools with me feet and toes ,Thats why all the holes and pieces are missing. :roll:
I have some other pieces to post :? do I have to start a new post every time or can I add on here , :idea:

Just 'post reply' on this thread and you get a nice continuous record of your collector's items. =D>

Thats a beauty all round Eugene and one to be proud of :D
Sorry to hear you're hanging the ol' gouges up,but glad you're gonna stay around here with your Mac :lol:

This is another Oak piece ,some fool was a little too daring on the bottom and had to add on a foot . :oops:
Didn't work out too bad methinks 8) 250 x 200 mm. woodoc finish.
P1010865.JPG

P1010866.JPG

Attachments

• P1010865.JPG
    P1010865.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • P1010866.JPG
    P1010866.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Two great pieces Eugene, certainly proof that your safari into the murky world of turning was not wasted even if looking at them now brings a measure of frustration at not being able to do any more.

boysie39":2t5sq280 said:
This is another Oak piece ,some fool was a little too daring on the bottom and had to add on a foot . :oops:
Didn't work out too bad methinks 8) 250 x 200 mm. woodoc finish.

Ye gods Eugene,

Where have you been hiding these?? Another beauty.

As Chas says, you do at least have these lovely things and can look back with pride at what you were able to achieve.

(was that a Mac joke I spied in Chas's response????)

They are lovely, Eugene.
I hadn't read you are calling it a day. I am really sorry to hear that. I love looking at your work and reading your posts.
As others said above, do please keep posting, and if you are able to turn again, please do - We'll miss your work ALOT !!
Cheers
Greg

Greg, there's no way that we could get rid of Eugene that easy mate. You know, bad penny, keeps on turning up an all that :twisted: :twisted:

Those are rather nice bowls Eugene. I for one look forward to seeing more of what you have done mate :mrgreen:

Both are lovely and I love the edges! They really do focus your concentration don't they.. Keep em coming boy!!

This one is for you Gordon , I think the wood is London Plain may not be :roll:
It's 200 x 110 x 12mm Approx. Finished with sanding sealer.
P1010883.JPG

P1010882.JPG

Attachments

• P1010883.JPG
    P1010883.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 309
  • P1010882.JPG
    P1010882.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 284
boysie39":o8yx9z1d said:
This one is for you Gordon , I think the wood is London Plain may not be :roll:
It's 200 x 110 x 12mm Approx. Finished with sanding sealer.

Thats very generous of you Eugene :D Will you be offended if I tell you that I would prefer the first one?? :lol:

I suspect you may have had some assistance with the holes but nature seems quite inventive at times.

I have pics of every turning I have done in iPhoto. Occasionally I look back through to monitor progress and to laugh at how chuffed I was with the early efforts. I definitely won't be posting some of THEM on the forum. I hope you carry on though.

Another one to have a look at .this was a Spirailing /Texturing exercise.which hasn't shown up too well on the picture.
220 x 50mm
P1010877.JPG

Attachments

• P1010877.JPG
    P1010877.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 261

Latest posts

Back