Stuff for my BA submission in August. AKA Welcome to The Dark Side.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your award is very well deserved but, I suspect, another step on a long and rewarding path - I look forward to learning more, thanks for sharing what you do.

I hope you have some kind of rest, relaxation and self-reward mode 👍

Your award is very well deserved but, I suspect, another step on a long and rewarding path - I look forward to learning more, thanks for sharing what you do.

I hope you have some kind of rest, relaxation and self-reward mode 👍

Thank you.

Unfortunately there's no rest for the wicked I'm afraid, as I'm diving into the MA straight away. I guess I'm having a break with a bit of historic carpentry and I'm combining all that I've learnt so far into a project which has been calling me for a long time.

Another bonus is that I have been invited to become a Freeman of The Worshipful Company of Joiners and Ceilers.

What fun, and a nice bit of London tradition. I wish my uncle was still alive, as he would have loved it!

I trust you will enjoy lots of long well lubricated lunches and incoherent speeches. Congratulations.
Cheers
Martin

And hopefully get to see behind closed doors in the City, as the J&C don't have a hall of their own, so they use other guilds halls and some of them have truly amazing historic interiors.

Congratulations, a first is such an achievement, but I think we all knew that would only ever be the outcome you deserved.

I hope you go on to greater things, (which I no doubt you will) and hope you keep in touch on here.

Thank you.

There's the MA fan vault thread if you fancy joining in for a giggle as I blunder my way through cathedral carpentry of the 14th. century.

Fantastic thread and great carving!

How long would you estimate it took for the various processes? It would be interesting to know, as centuries ago, with no power tools etc, everything must have taoen an age! Imagine being on one of those pit saws!! Or trying to build a stately home without battery powered kit! 😂🤣

Back