studley tool chest lock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
I am making my clam shaped chest similar (though in no way comparable) to the studley tool chest. So far it has all gone well.
I have got a fair few photos of WIP but do not want to jinx the build by posting them till i have got the hinges on. However..
I am stumbling on the lock required, the lock needs to be morticed i think but a normal lock action would not hold the doors together. I am lost in a world of locks with strange names and numbers. Please help me....
My doors are about 22mm wide so should take a range of options.

Owen

Such a lock can only be regarded as tamper-proof so one lever or two is not going to make much difference to security.

Bob

The lock are not so much for security but for holding the door closed and i am concerned the the pins look frail as they seem to be for jewel boxes.
Owen

One of the problems with internet shopping is that you cannot get a feel for the prospective purchase. However from what you say it may be worth looking for a small sliding door lock.

xy

Back