Stud wall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That or the cutting back thing, which is best if there's stud space available.

You unfortunately have three doors at that point which will send vibrations through the wall, so you really need to use a bit of savvy to get it to work as you want.

It's a big ask for a bit of plasterboard on studs.

That or the cutting back thing, which is best if there's stud space available.

You unfortunately have three doors at that point which will send vibrations through the wall, so you really need to use a bit of savvy to get it to work as you want.

It's a big ask for a bit of plasterboard on studs.
I think there are double studs at that corner.
Appreciate what you're saying about three doors, but as I said, the new one will be closed (and locked) 99% of the time, and the door-slamming grandchildren will be on the other side. We may even decide to remove one of the other two doors.
Also, won't the small dog leg help a bit with rigidity?

It will crack at the joint no matter how good the plasterer is, unless he's Dumbledore.

I guess I'll need to change my avatar name to Dumbledore Adam, I'm not a plasterer though as said have done my share and none of the examples in my own home have suffered cracking. Some have been done only 10 years so I guess maybe there's time yet. ;)

Sorry Adam, not looking to win or argue at all, we can only relate to our own experiences. I hope I haven't caused offence by my response which was intended to be lighthearted.

I may actually get round to doing this job soon, apparently..
So can anyone help with the order of things. I'm thinking studding, plasterboard, rockwool, more plasterboard, get the plasterer in, door lining then architrave. Does that sound about right? Or do I fit the door lining before I get the plasterer in?

When I did mine (strictly amateur!). it was doorlining before plastering. The plasterer worked to that then you have an easy time putting the architrave on

Back