Struggling to find self adhesive measure for bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoping the larger community know of a source for a measure for a From centre self adhesive measure that is wider than everything I can find, most seem to be 13 mm and I require one that is 19mm. I have found one from Banggood but that is not from centre and as it is for a bandsaw not so good.

I can't help with finding 19mm wide self-adhesive rule, but if this is for a bandsaw fence, you might be better with separate tapes, one that reads left to right and the other that reads right to left. Having a continuous tape with a center zero does not account for the bandsaw blade kerf, so you would have to cut it at the middle anyway.

Are you looking for metric, imperial, or both? This might help in case anyone knows of sources local to you.

It is for a bandsaw which is why I specified "from Centre". Preferably metric but could handle both. It may be a good idea to buy R to L and a L to R but that would be even more to get

I have looked all over Banggood and the only 19mm is continuous L to R not "From Centre".

Any other avenues I have not checked?

Last edited:
I'd love a nice thick metric only one with numbers in the centre to replace the rubbish one on my table saw but for the life of me I haven't been able to find one.

Might be worth seeing if someone makes a magnetic rule which would be suitable.
Just from a glance seems many are available.

Well thank you all, Kinverkid came up with the best, 19mm was only available L-R so opted for 16mm in L-R and R-L. When they arrive in January I shall see how well they turn out!

I use Ikea's paper tape measures. Never had an issue, and they seem accurate whenever I've compared with another measure.
Just don't get it soggy/wet with the glue. I use pritt stick on wood, or double sided tape.

Amazingly my January delivery date turned out to be a crock, they have arrived! Cleaned any residue off and they have worked a treat, very clear markings and was able to cut with good scissors. My only reservations were I only used about a third of what I needed to buy and the adhesive didn't reach all the way to the edge, about 1.5 mm short of either edge. I can see clearly now and it is in the right place unlike the Elektra Beckum original, that may have been down to the first purchaser though. Thank you.

For anyone else looking for info on sticky rulers Hooked on Wood reviewed several Banggood versions covering things such as how far over the tape the pointer reaches. It may only reach the front edge, middle or rear so that will govern where you want the numbers so that they aren't obscured. Start at 6 minutes.
-

My 2 tapes arrived, obviously shipped from China. The packaging asked what was inside and it was labelled "sticky feet" 😂

Back