Strange Request from Client - Advice Required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I have quite a dilema - I have today received an email from an elderly lady the text is copied word for word below:-

**************************************************************************************
Dear Mr Berwick

I was given your name by a mutual friend and hope that you can help me get my box back to how it should be.

Unfortunately some hot wax from a candle has dripped onto my box which has great sentimental value and this has left prominent red staining on the top of it as well as on the inside.

If I could ask you to spare some time to have a look at my box and see whether the red stains can be easily removed with your input I would be very grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you

***************************************************************************************

How on Earth do I reply to that :eek: :eek: :eek:

Er, whats the problem exactly? Don't you want to look at her box or something? Too far away? Get her to post it to you with a stamped return label?

I guess you will lose nothing by having a look if you have no ideas as to the staining and its removal perhaps once you have seen what wood the box is made of you could google it and hope for an answer. If it cannot be removed then you may see a way of covering it if the lady would allow that. Whatever you decide good luck with it.

Go and have a look, have your tea and biscuits while you explain to her the options. Being a "very nice man" may get you another recommendation.

Reading again, how do you know its an elderly lady?

Hudson Carpentry":2r54syse said:
Go and have a look, have your tea and biscuits while you explain to her the options. Being a "very nice man" may get you another recommendation.

Reading again, how do you know its an elderly lady?

Her address is a care home!

Slang term for Box??

Oh buttocks, now I know someone is winding me up as my wife has just pointed out - doh

Signed Mrs N Cockaday (Nora)

Ah what could be more innocent than the kindly chippy visiting the care home of Mrs. N. Cockaday, examining her box, then brushing the dust and wax off all afternoon ... ?

Dodge, Roger? Ever heard of Madonna and Wellelm Whatisface in a certain film? Wax on nether regions?

"Stitched!" You was M8!

:D :D Sam

Thats strange, I got a very similar request from a Russian guy, said his name was Nick Ersoffalot and the work was to be carried out for a Mrs Onya Backyabitch :mrgreen:

Roger.
The lady obviously knows that should her box need attending to you are able to get wood readily.
The sander you sold me is brilliant-a super deal,Thank you very much.

Bryan.

BRYAN":kgjth43j said:
Roger.
The lady obviously knows that should her box need attending to you are able to get wood readily.
The sander you sold me is brilliant-a super deal,Thank you very much.

Bryan.

Hi Bryan,

Glad you are pleased with it - my new toy is now installed and it is exactly what I was looking for.

Dodge, I opened this thread wondering if I could be of help perhaps, I must say on reading about your request alarm bells started ringing, I started getting a tingle between my big toes. However it appears my advice is now not required, send the wife round to deal with this one.

Back