Strange dreams

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandyn

Established Member
Reaction score
last year I started hearing about people having vivid dreams and nightmares in lockdown.
In the last couple of weeks. I have been having really vivid dreams, some really weird ones and some scary ones, but last night was really crazy!
I was having a bit of a scary dream. I was at a place where I worked and had my grandson with me, I popped in to some place to do something, when I came out my grandson was gone. That was a bit of a nightmare. The dream went really weird as I tried to find him. I got to a point where I didn't like the dream and seemed to make myself recognise I was just dreaming. I decided to waken up, but I just dreamt I woke up, so in my dream, I got out of the nightmare part, then I realised that I was still in a dream and had to waken from that dream. I seemed to make myself waken and looked around to make sure I was in the bedroom, which I was, and my grandson would be OK in the next room, so I felt reassured. However My grandson wasn't with us last night, so I must have still been dreaming.
Apparently this is quite a common side effect of the Pfizer vaccine. Must be the mind control kicking in :)

Don't worry it's just the impact of lockdown, thats why they use solitary confinement as a punishment. I bet we are all doing strange things that we would not have done in a normal world, I even spent a Saturday evening watching a singing sausage amongst others.

I've been having bad dreams for at least 9 months, we are going to have a massive mental health epidemic once this is all over with.

Don't worry, you are not alone........

Although on a more serious note, Tyreman is right and I really hope there will be chance for people to get help after this

What I find amazing about dreams is the incredible depth of detail. You can construct houses and cities and the like or a rom full of things you dont have nor have ever had.
One of my weird ones invvolved some US hotel/department store, based i reckon on the art deco of the empire state building. I was washing during it at a bathroom sink and there was a string of pearls and a watch sitting on the shelf. I mean why were those items there, they werent mine but belonged to the owner of the apartment, There was beds in another room, with clothes draped across some of them. The detail of the architecture again was all constructed by my mind but was there and in keeping with the era.

I usually can't remember my dreams. I'm convinced my brain is defragmenting itself. It then strings all the unallocated stuff together into a crazy dream before deleting it and that's why I can't remember them!! ............seems I don't have a rubbish bin to recover the old stuff

Read up on how to sharpen chisels and plane blades that will drive away all the crazy dreams.

My worst nightmare was where I dreamt I was trying to explain why laptops had to be encrypted to Priti Patel in the back of a taxi in central London.

I suffer from nightmares, always have, so does my father.
I find them so real that on awakening I can sometimes believe I've done stuff, for a few more minutes.
I remember them quite clearly. Not monsters or vampires or anything like that, usually a series of events going terribly wrong which I can't escape from.
I think mine are "stress" related.

I used to worry a bit about being woken by "disaster" dreams, until I decided they were just designed to wake me up and get me to turn over, so as to relieve my body stress from lying in one position too long. Now when bad dreams wake me, I just roll over and go back to sleep.

I suspect the reason that more people are reporting more vivid dreams is that they're not being woken by an alarm (or traffic of some kind) before getting up for work (either because they're no longer working, or have no commute). If you are woken to soon, you tend not to remember dreams - although we all have them.

I've also had these vivid dreams on and off for nine months (average of around once a week). It's always about "events".

My alarm wakes me for work, and when I am having one of those extremely vivid dreams, I am grateful for the alarm.

The Guardian reported it on 26/11/2020 when the Museum of London asked Londoners for Covid pandemic dreams:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ndon-asks-londoners-for-covid-pandemic-dreams
My take on it is, the brain is trying to cope/make sense of the structure of events, and the awful mistakes that have been made. See [A] below.

In March 2020 my brain said 'Just close the borders except for Cargo. It's an island!'

In April 2020 (while on Furlough), I witnessed more than 12 million people fly into the country, unchecked, while Police officers were checking peoples purchases in shops for non-essential items.

I contacted a Journalist to get the question posed (she agreed with me), but she was unable to either pose the question or get it answered.

I studied Psychology around thirty years ago, and this is a conflict v resolution event imo. Reasonable, (logically), given what everyone has been through. But not good, emotionally.

[A] In the first seven weeks of 2020, Taiwan took 124 actions.
One year later, as of 7th February 2021, with a population of 24 million, Taiwan have had 927 cases, and 9 deaths.

Stay strong.
I can't blame Boris, but I could question some of the advice he, (or any PM), was being pumped with.

I suffer from nightmares, always have, so does my father.
I find them so real that on awakening I can sometimes believe I've done stuff, for a few more minutes.
I remember them quite clearly. Not monsters or vampires or anything like that, usually a series of events going terribly wrong which I can't escape from.
I think mine are "stress" related.
Have you had the murdered someone and trying to store the body under the floorboards ?. Had that a couple of times. Getting seriously nervous but thinking I'd gotten away with it. Going over steps of clues i might have left. Very bizarre.

Incidentally did you know that marijuana cuts off dreams totally. I used to smoke the stuff a while back and while I did i didnt dream at all.
No idea why or whats in it suppresses dreaming, but it does for sure.

I keep dreaming I'm eating a two foot marshmellow. When I woke up my pillow was missing.
Tommy Cooper

Back